Healing Cancer with Your Mind
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of cancer did Micah have?
Micah had metastatic Wilm’s tumor – a cancer of the kidney. By the time it was diagnosed, his cancer had metastasized to his lungs. Micah has been cancer free since 1977.
When I took him to see his surgeon at age eleven years, the doctor said, “You are Micah Freedman’s parents? How wonderful! He made medical history. We did not think he would survive.”
What kind of cancer did Jerome have?
Jerome had muscle invasive bladder cancer in 1997 and again at the end of 2013. This type of cancer is usually treated with a radical cystectomy, a procedure that replaces the urinary bladder with a false one as well as removes the prostate and selected lymph nodes.
What is mindfulness?
According to Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, founder of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction at the University of Massachusetts,
paying attention in a particular way;
in the present moment, and
as if your life depended on it.
You can learn much more about mindfulness on Meditation Practices and / or join our Mindfulness in Healing meditation group at the Pine Street Clinic in San Anselmo, California on Wednesday nights from 7:00-8:30 PM.
What is meditation?
Meditation is the practice of sitting or lying down quietly and watching how your body and mind go through various changes. In Healing Cancer with Your Mind, you will learn many forms meditation such as mindfulness meditation, sound meditation, mantra meditation and many others. The chapter on meditation is the longest one in the book.
What is 9 Minute Meditation?
Researchers have found that nine minutes of meditation a day may be adequate for you to receive the wonderful benefits of meditation without going to the mountains. 9 Minute Meditation is an online course that consists of more than twelve different meditation practices for you to discover the best one that works for you.
What is a guided meditation?
A guided meditation is a process to bring you into a calm and relaxed state by listening to a mentor or recording designed to bring about the relaxation response in you. Click here for a list of guided meditation that you can purchase and enjoy.
How Can I Help?
Your help is needed in many ways. Which ones of these most appeal to you?
- Order the book.
- Share this link with friends, family, business associates, and your social media contacts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Tumblr, LinkedIn and anywhere else you can think of.
- Send us the names and contact information for patients and caretakers who would benefit from receiving a free copy of Healing Cancer with Your Mind.
- Send us the names and contact information of organizations that would be interested in distributing copies, whether free or for purchase.
- Write a review, recommendation or comment that may be included on this page.
- Anything else that you can think of to help make this campaign go viral.
Thanks for your help!
Do you have more questions?